We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Make this gluten, dairy-free Tex-Mex Chicken in a Crockpot!
Think that crockpot recipes are only for fall? Think again! Crockpot meals are great in the summer. A one-pot meal means minimal dishes to clean and a crockpot won’t heat up the kitchen. In fact, my family always brings one when we go camping. Put the ingredients in, head for the beach, come back to a nice hot meal.
I have an arsenal of gluten and dairy free favorites so that our whole family can enjoy the same meal. Crockpot Tex-Mex chicken is a family favorite!
Use boneless skinless chicken breasts or thighs, whatever you’ve got on hand. As far as taco seasoning, I haven’t been able to find both a gluten and dairy free pre-packaged taco seasoning. So, I make my own and store it in a mason jar.
Certainly, if there’s a gluten/dairy free option that you like, feel free to substitute a commercial taco seasoning.
It’s simple to make – just put the chicken in the crock pot and sprinkle the seasoning over it; toss it around until almost all of it is coating the chicken (about 3 TBSP).
Add black beans, corn and tomatoes. We like the low sodium version black beans, rinsed and drained. Any canned tomatoes with green chilies will work. Use frozen corn. If using canned corn, drain first. This recipe will make about 4 servings.
We serve over white rice. It also goes great with cornbread. A little shredded Daiya cheese and chopped green onion finish this dish nicely.
For easy clean up, use a crockpot liner.
- 1½ lbs Boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 Tbsp Taco seasoning
- 1 cup Salsa fresh or jar
- 1 can Mild, diced tomatoes with green chilies 10 oz can
- 1 cup Frozen corn can substitute with canned (drain well)
- 1 can Black beans, low sodium, rinsed and drained
- Prepare the chicken by cutting into bite-sized pieces
- Add chicken to the crock pot, top with taco seasoning. Toss until chicken is well coated
- Add salsa, tomatoes, black beans, and corn. Mix well.
- Set the crockpot on low and cook for 7-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours.
- Serve over cooked, white rice
Smitten with us? Share Tumble into Love with a friend!