We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on
This festive fruit salad (3 ways!) is perfect for barbeques and celebrations! It’s simple to make, and naturally gluten and dairy free. For added freshness and zing, this fruit salad is coated in a honey-citrus glaze.
I’ve brought this dish to several summer picnics over the years, and it’s always a hit. It’s simple, and a crown pleaser. For larger events, I like to use a disposable aluminum pan – easy peasy, and no dishes!
Summer Fruit salad as a dish-to-pass
Now that summer is knocking on our door, it’s time for backyard parties with family and friends.
Typically these events mean salads with pasta covered in mayonnaise, or gluten-filled cakes topped with berries. I’ve tried making many dairy and gluten free substitutions over the years, but this is our go-to for summertime.
Make it for dessert or brunch
My kids love to help cut apples, pineapples, or honeydew melon into star shapes using cookie cutters. We can whip this together in about 15 minutes for a beautiful and tasty dish-to-pass.
This recipe is versatile! We’ve already seen how it makes a great side dish for a picnic. Add some non-dairy whipped cream, you’ve got dessert.
Paired with some gluten and dairy-free muffins, you’ve got a dish for brunch.
However you choose to serve up this fruit salad, it’s sure to be a winner!
Festive Fruit Salad
Star-shaped garnish – choose 1
- 4 med Apples
- ½ Pineapple
- ½ Honeydew melon
- 1 Watermelon
- 1 pint Strawberries
- 1 pint Blueberries
- 3 Tbsp Honey
- 1 Juice of lime If not using fresh, substitute 1 Tbsp. of prepared juice
- 1 Juice of orange If not using fresh, substitute 3 Tbsp. of prepared juice
- Rinse fruit, set aside
- Choose which fruit to use for garnish and cut into ½ inch thickness with a star-shaped cookie cutter. Set aside.
- Cut up remaining fruit and toss together in a large bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the honey, orange and lime juice.
- Pour over fruit, let stand for 15 minutes before serving. Top with star-shaped fruit