We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
This festive fruit salad is perfect for barbeques and celebrations! It’s simple to make, and naturally gluten and dairy free. For added freshness and zing, this fruit salad is coated in a honey-citrus glaze.
Now that summer is knocking on our door, it’s time for backyard parties with family and friends.
Typically these events mean salads with pasta covered in mayonnaise, or gluten-filled cakes topped with berries. I’ve tried making many dairy and gluten free substitutions over the years, but this is our go-to for summertime.
Make it for dessert or brunch
My kids love to help cut apples, pineapples, or honeydew melon into star shapes using cookie cutters. We can whip this together in about 15 minutes for a beautiful and tasty dish-to-pass.
Festive fruit salad is versatile! We’ve already seen how it makes a great side dish for a picnic. Add some non-dairy whipped cream, you’ve got dessert.
Paired with some gluten and dairy-free muffins, you’ve got a dish for brunch.
However you choose to serve up this fruit salad, it’s sure to be a winner!
- 4 apples, ½ a pineapple or honeydew melon cut into ½-inch thick slices, then cut into stars with cookie cutters
- watermelon, cut into chunks
- raspberries, 1 pint
- strawberries, 1 pint sliced
- blueberries, I pint
- 3 tbsp. honey
- juice of 1 lime
- juice of 1 orange
- Rinse fruit if need, cut then toss the fruit together in a large bowl.
- In a small mixing bowl, whisk together the honey, orange juice and lime juice. Pour over the fruit, let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving.