We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Nothing screams childhood like chicken nuggets. This gluten and dairy free version will make your kids think you stopped at the drive-thru.
When we decided to follow a gluten and dairy free lifestyle, I immediately began searching for (or creating) recipes for the foods my kids liked best.
My girls love chicken nuggets and of course, there’s not too much available at fast-food places for someone on a gluten, dairy free diet. Today, there are gluten and dairy free chicken nugget options in the freezer section (we like Ians and Aldi’s Live G Free brands), but there’s still nothing like homemade.This recipe is quick, and you’ll have gluten and dairy free chicken nuggets that look like you’ve hit the drive thru. Click To Tweet
As for chicken, I’ve cut up chicken breasts and also used chicken tenderloin since it’s already cut into nice-sized strips.
It’s important to remember that all ingredients should be certified as gluten free. Oftentimes spices are processed in a facility or on machines that also process items that contain gluten.
Find a ready-made gluten free flour mix like Bob’s Red Mill, or make your own. For an easy all purpose gluten free flour recipe, click here
Chicken Nuggets, Gluten & Dairy Free
- ⅓ cup All-Purpose gluten free flour
- 1 tsp Onion powder
- 1 tsp Paprika
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Baking Soda
- 1½ tsp Vinegar (white)
- ⅓ cup Water If more is needed, add 1 Tbsp at a time
- Cut up 2 -3 chicken breasts to desired size
- In a medium bowl, mix flour, onion powder, paprika, garlic powder and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine baking soda and vinegar. As it reacts *quickly* pour into the bowl with the flour mixture. Add water.
- Whisk well. Let stand for 5 minutes. Batter will be thick.
- After 5 minutes mix the chicken pieces with the batter and let them soak while heating oil in a frying pan.
- Add oil to a frying pan and heat on medium heat. Once hot, fry coated chicken pieces until golden brown and cooked through, about 5- 6 minutes. Chicken temperature should reach 165 degrees F.
Voila! Gluten and dairy free chicken nuggets! My kids love it when we serve it with different dips to try – like barbeque, honey mustard, and dairy-free ranch.
Smitten with us? Share Tumble into Love with a friend!