We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on
This gluten and dairy free graham cracker pie crust is versatile and easy to make.
When we started cooking gluten and dairy free several years ago, there weren’t as many ready made products like there are today. I used to bake my own gluten and dairy free graham crackers which was time-intensive.
Today, with many products on the market, it’s quick and easy to whip up a graham cracker pie crust. In fact, it takes only about 5 minutes for this recipe!
So, don’t shy away from doing-it-yourself. Use this quick, easy recipe to pull together a gluten and dairy free crust anytime. If you’re like me, you’ll love knowing you can identify every ingredient.
When it comes to off-the-shelf graham crackers, we like S’moreables, which are free from both dairy and gluten. Each summer we pack a box of these for s’mores when we go camping.
Instead of butter, we like to use Earth Balance, but shortening or coconut oil can also be melted and used.
Thanksgiving pumpkin pie can fill this crust, or try using gluten and dairy free ginger snaps – get the recipe!
Graham Cracker pie crust that’s gluten and dairy free
- 1 ½ cups Graham cracker crumbs Gluten, dairy free brand like Kinnikinnick S'moreables
- ⅓ cup Sugar
- 6 Tbsp Melted non-dairy butter substitute Like Earth Balance
- ½ tsp Cinnamon Optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- Crush graham crackers into crumbs using either a food processor, or place them into a zip-top bag and use a rolling pin to crush.
- In a medium bowl, mix graham cracker crumbs, sugar, melted non-dairy butter substitute and cinnamon until well-blended
- Press mixture into a 8 or 9 inch pie plate
- Bake at 375 degrees F for 7 minutes. Cool. If recipe calls for an unbaked pie shell, refrigerate for about 1 hour
Just place your favorite filling inside this gluten and dairy free pie crust and enjoy!
Smitten with us? Share Tumble into Love with a friend!