We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on
Make these easy, festive gluten and dairy free reindeer cupcakes for the holidays. When we started cooking gluten and dairy free, one of the things I missed was sending my daughter to parties with cute, Pinterest-worthy treats.
This recipe fits the bill.
I can’t help but smile every time I see these! Every time I’ve made them, they’ve been a hit. What’s great is that my daughter can take these to a function like Girl Scouts, and no one has to know they’re gluten and dairy free. Even better, I know that my kiddo always has a fun, festive snack available. As you know, that can be hard to find in a ‘bring-a-dish-to-pass’ environment.
If purchasing an all purpose gluten free flour mix, be sure it includes a binder. Or, use my go-to gluten free all purpose flour recipe.
When it comes to a butter substitute, we really like Earth Balance baking sticks.
Reindeer Cupcakes, Gluten and Dairy Free
- 1/2 cup all purpose, gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup gluten free cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup agave nectar
Chocolate Frosting Ingredients
- 1 cup butter substitute like Earth Balance use at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 3 Tbsp non-dairy milk
- Gluten free pretzels use for antlers – 2 per cupcake
- Enjoy Life mini chocolate chips use for eyes
- Enjoy Life mini cookies Vanilla Honey Graham
- Red M&Ms or other red candy
Cupcakes – Directions
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F
- In a medium bowl combine flour, cocoa powder, salt and baking soda
- In a large bowl, blend together eggs, oil, and agave
- Blend dry ingredients into wet until fully incorporated
- Line a 12-cup cupcake pan with paper liners and scoop 1/4 cup on batter into each
- Bake for 20-22 minutes
- Let cool completely before frosting
Chocolate Frosting – Directions
- In a medium bowl combine butter substitute, powdered sugar, cocoa powder and vanilla
- Add in milk substitute 1 Tbsp. at a time until desired consistency
Decorations – Directions
- Frost cooled cupcakes with chocolate frosting
- Add gluten free pretzels for antlers
- Add mini chocolate chips for the eyes
- Add mini cookies for the face
- Use frosting to "glue" the red candy onto the cookie for the nose
This recipe is so much fun to make! Limited time? Try a gluten free boxed cake mix to make this recipe even easier. These cupcakes are for sharing! Best of all, no one will guess they’re not made with wheat flour and milk.
Smitten with us? Share Tumble into Love with a friend!