We may earn money or products from the companies mentioned in this post.
Last Updated on
We’ve been gluten and dairy free for several years, and have a few ‘go to’ recipes that we make at Christmas. A family favorite has always been peanut butter kiss cookies, and this is a great gluten and dairy free alternative. Alternately, these cookies are referred to as peanut butter blossoms.
I love these cookies because they are flour-less, making them simple and fast to make. The recipe calls for rolling the dough in granulated sugar. For this, I use organic sugar. Sometimes, to add some holiday flair, I’ll color the sugar using a dye-free alternative. (Yes, it’s super simple to make your own colored sugar sprinkles!)
I love to include my kids during baking, and this is an excellent recipe that will get everyone involved. Mixing, rolling, and placing that pretty kiss on each cookie, it’s simple and fun for all involved!
Just a note that Hershey kisses aren’t dairy-free, and for this recipe, I melted dairy-free chocolate chips and used a candy mold. There have also been times when I pressed 2 or 3 chocolate chips into the top of the cookies as an alternative. Sometimes we add our homemade jam! Add your favorite partner-to-peanut butter to create something you’ll love.
Just like their floury counterpart, these cookies bake up with lightly crisp edges, with a soft peanut-buttery middle. You won’t miss the flour or the dairy, I promise! This recipe is fantastic without the kisses too if you want just a simple peanut butter cookie.
Peanut Butter Kiss Cookie, Gluten & Dairy Free
- 1½ cups Creamy peanut butter
- 1½ cups Firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp Baking soda
- 2 large Eggs
- 2 tsp Vanilla extract
- 1 cup Granulated sugar Set aside for rolling
- Dairy -free chocolate chips Or other dairy free alternative
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheets with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl use a mixer (medium speed) to combine peanut butter, brown sugar, and baking soda until well blended.
- Add eggs and vanilla; mix on low speed until just combined.
- Using a Tablespoon, generously scoop out dough to make 1 1/2 inch balls. Roll each ball in the sugar and place on baking sheet, 2 inches apart on prepared baking sheets.
- Bake until cookies are puffed and a bit cracked, 11-13 minutes.
- As soon as they come out of the oven, press the chocolate kiss or a few chocolate chips into the center. To add jam, use the back of a spoon to create a small well in the center of the cookie.
Store at room temperature in a covered container for 7 to 10 days. These gluten, dairy free peanut butter blossom cookies freeze well too. They will last for several weeks in a well-sealed container.
Smitten with us? Share Tumble into Love with a friend!